Pasta Arrabiata with a twist
If you need a super quick & Vegan dish, I recommend this unconventional Pasta arrabiata
Especially if you need to make dinner but you come home super tired after work or you just have a short lunch break and need to prepare something quickly, then this easy vegan Pasta Arrabiata is just right for you.
For those kind of days, this recipe is ideal. You don’t need any fancy ingredients and can just use what you have home anyways. I really like those “no brainer” dishes where you don’t need to pay close attention and can just put something together quickly. Ideally I make a big portion to make sure I have enough to take to work the next day or having dinner for the next day which saves a whole lot of time.
Here you can find the video to the recipe 🙂
This pasta will be ready in only 15 minutes.
- 1 aubergine
- 3 tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of sweet corn
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 400gr. of canned tomatoes
- 1tsp of chili flakes
- 1 tsp. of oregano
- 1/2 tsp of thyme
- 1 tsp of paprika paste
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- parsley to garnish
- 1 package of whole wheat spaghetti
- Cook whole wheat spaghetti al dente in salted water using a big sauce pan
- In the meantime chop up the aubergine, tomatoes and garlic
- Take a big skillet, place it over medium to high heat and add the garlic, chili flakes, thyme and oregano. Finally add all the oil and let it sizzle so the oil can soak up the flavour
- Add aubergine, tomatoes and sweetcorn. Season it with salt and pepper and give it a good stir
- Then you add the canned tomatoes and paprika paste and mix it really well. Next, you cover the skillet and let everything cook for about 5 minutes
- In the end, add the lemon juice and give it a final stir. Don't forget, when you plate everything, add some chopped parsley on top.
This serves 4-6.
- If you leave out the corn & aubergine you'll get a normal Pasta Arrabiata sauce.
- I usually have lunch or dinner with my husband and then divide the rest into portions and place them into airtight containers so we can take it to work the next days or have dinner with it.
- The veggies are completely interchangeable, if you don't like eggplants, you can use zucchini. You can pretty much just use whatever veggies you have home. I like to use aubergine as a substitute for meat, especially because my husband isn't yet completely convinced of going vegan 😉
Usually, if I'm having this Pasta Arrabiata for lunch I'm not hungry anymore until night. In case I feel the need for some snack after all, I'm just preparing myself a big cup of green juice. Like that I'm making sure I still get my portion of greens every day. If you're thinking about buying a juicer that's suitable for beginners but aren't sure which one is suitable, then check out this blog post I wrote about the topic juicing 😉
So how do you guys usually do your Pasta Arrabiata? Are you using the original recipe or do you like to experiment with different ingredients? Would love to hear what is your favourite Pasta Arrabiata recipe?
Want to book in your free session with me?
➤ Get clear and specific health & wellness goals for you to use right now
➤ Understand my method of coaching and how it will help you to achieve your goals
➤ Overcome your health struggles once and for all